We flew down to Tennessee late Friday night and met up with our good friends the Bush's. It was a special weekend for them - celebrating their first wedding anniversary that Sunday. We made sure they got a little head start on the celebration Friday night at Market Street Tavern.
Robert Charles Bush and Robert Charles Page
The lacrosse game was uneventful, but still great to get back to McCallie and see some faces I haven't seen since graduation. I survived the game and even managed to walk off the field under my own power.
The wedding was beautiful and the reception was plenty of fun. Highlights include the best man's speech complete with a portion in Spanish for the bride's family as well as a full blown rendition of Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot, which I hope to post the video of later this week. Alli Nash and Chris Bolt were all the way live and as entertaining as ever with the 80's rock fest we had going front row center with the live band. There were keg stands (Zach) and cigars and much much more. Special thanks to the bride and groom for such a wonderful night. The very soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Chad ("Doc")and Mel Paris were in attendance as well.
We were able to spend some quality time at the Bush's house Sunday afternoon with Emma, Robbie, Jake, and the Strickland's (Zach and Kimberly) before heading back to Nashville to fly home.
My birthday was the following weekend (4/24). All I was told was that my family was coming over for dinner. Little did I know I was going receive a surprise visit from the Bush family to help celebrate my 30th. They arrived around 5:30pm and there was a steady stream of surprise guests throughout the night. Special thanks to Denise for planning such a fun night. It was terrific to see everyone and catch up.
Hanging out in Chesapeake City, MD
Jake especially enjoyed the beautiful weather.



No comments:
Post a Comment