Now 16 years later, I found myself right back on the plains of Alabama with those same good friends participating in what has become somewhat of tradition more recently. Whereas that first game consisted of a couple of high school seniors parked on some picnic blankets beside one of the academic buildings, the Tiger Tailgaters now boast one of the most hospitable sports tailgating environments I have ever had the privilege of attending. This crew has gotten official to the point monogrammed golf shirts complete with names and titles. I am proud to have received my own this year - Tiger Tailgater: Robbie Page, Operations Consultant.
This year was no different as I made the trip down to visit and attend the game against Arkansas. Little did I know we'd be witnessing a little piece of SEC Football history with the setting of a new record for most points scored in a signal game. Along for the party this time was another great McCallie friend in Zach Strickland. Auburn emerged victories winning the game 65-43, and the celebration ensued.
No trip to the southeast would be complete without a stop in my old home town of Chattanooga, Tennessee. We all piled in the Bush's car and head back there Sunday morning - a little worse for wear. That evening I even got to catch up with Alli and Chris Bolt - whose wedding we attended back in May.
Special thanks to the Bush Family (Chuck, Judy, Robbie, Emma, and Jake), Chad and Melanie Paris, Zach Strickland, and Alli and Chris Bolt for another memorable visit.
Here's a few pictures from this year's tailgate.

The tailgate spot

Emma, Robbie, and Jake Bush

Melanie and Chad Paris

Robbie and Zach Strickland (beer in das boot)

Robbie, Chuck, Judy, and Grandad Bush
No comments:
Post a Comment